JStreamer is a minimalistic binding of GStreamer for Java.
Currently Supported Features
- Creating pipelines using the gst-launch syntax
- Getting and setting properties of elements
- Getting and setting the state of elements
- Getting the position and duration of elements
- Running a main loop and receiving various status events
Currently Unsupported Features
- Access to anything other than elements, bins and pipelines
- In particular, rewiring the pipeline dynamically is not possible, yet
How do I get set up?
- Install GStreamer >= 1.2
- Get the JStreamer code
- Compile the JStreamer and JNIStreamer projects
- Stuff the JNI library into the JStreamer JAR or setup a java.library.path
- Compile and run JStreamerExample to try it out